View the complete list of all races and other competitions planned for the season.
The GinD series makes up the core of the Jersey based racing. It consists of 6 scheduled races with crews negotiating various courses set within St Aubins Bay, against other boats in their class. Points are awarded to each class of boat for the 6 races.
1st place – 10 pointss
2nd place – 7 points
3rd place – 6 points
4th place – 5 points
5th place – 4 points
6th place – 3 points
7th place – 2 points
8th place – 1 point
At the end of the series crews will be able to discount their worst 2 results. Trophies for the GinD series are presented at the end of season Annual Dinner.
The Baywatch Series consists of 3 races which include:
Portlet – (Mass Start)
Beauport – (Handicap)
Gorey to St Helier – (Mass Start)
The series winners in each class are decided by calculating the accumulated time to row each of the 3 races.
- All races are weather dependant and are subject to change. Races may be postponed to a later date or an alternative course may be raced.
- On / off decisions will be made two hours before the published start time.
- A message will be put on Facebook, at the clubhouse and an email sent to entered teams captain.
- Race check‐in will open approximately 90 minutes before the start of each race when possible.
- All participants in races organised by the Jersey Rowing Club must be members of the jersey rowing club.
- All crews must carry a radio throughout the race and report to race control using channel 77.
- All crews must carry full safety equipment as specified in the club rules/guidelines.
- Coxes must wear Life jackets at all times!